Garage One is a fast-paced, growing company and offers the opportunity to be part of an accomplished, professional team. Our work week is Monday through Friday, so your weekends will always be free. With six paid national holidays along with accrued sick and vacation time, you will have more time to yourself and with your family. Benefits include a tax-deferred retirement savings plan with contribution matching, profit sharing, and a flexible spending account. We also believe in daily perks, so we keep the fridge stocked.
Service Writer Service Team
- Date Posted
- Mountain View, CA
- Salary plus bonuses, DOE
- Job Type
- Full-time, permanent
Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records; dispatches work to technicians; communicates both with technicians and clients
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers’ publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 5 years experience as a service advisor in the automotive industry
- or 5 years of relevant sales experience and 2 years automotive experience
- ASE automotive service consultant certification (C1) or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Must posess a valid CA driver’s license and a clean DMV record
Lead Technician Tech Team
- Date Posted
- San Jose, CA
- Hourly with performance bonuses, DOE
- Job Type
- Full-time, permanent
Automotive Service Technician Job Purpose: Maintains vehicles by cleaning and servicing them; driving vehicles to locations.
Automotive Service Technician Job Duties:
- Organizes work by reviewing daily requirements; checking and gathering supplies.
- Completes vehicle service requirements by lubricating, changing filters, tires, and belts, keeping coolant, window cleaner, and tire air up to level, etc.
- Manages overall shop cleanliness, haz-mat, and organization.
- When necessary, keeps vehicles presentable by washing exterior; vacuuming interior.
- Stores and retrieves vehicles by driving and parking vehicles.
- Secures vehicles by locking doors, windows, and trunks; observing and reporting suspicious persons and incidents.
- Maintains safe environment by watching out for pedestrian traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with traffic and driving regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading service publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 5 years experience servicing passenger automobiles
- An additional 2 years experience as a lead technician or shop foreman
- ASE Master Technician certification or equivalent
- Subaru training a plus
- Proficient in computer use
- Able to lift 100 pounds
- Complete tool set to fulfill job duties
More than a job
Garage One is committed to bringing the best to the world of Subaru motoring. Expect more than a regular 9 to 5 with us. We attend evnets such as SEMA in Las Vegas with our entire staff. We travel across the country for expos and trainings. We do whatever it takes to stay ahead.
If you are interested in motorsports, join us as we build our shop car and compete in autocross events, Monte Carlo style rallies, and on the track.